Alleged predator charged with sex assault had history of sexual violence, as more people come forward
A father says he stopped the suspect from a potential sex assault three years ago. Kehonu Sturm, 25, is accused of attempting to rape a woman on Diamond Head Beach and attempting to rob her with first-degree attempted sex assault and robbery. The suspect was convicted of misdemeanor sexual assault last month and was sentenced to probation and receive mental health treatment. He is also accused of sexually assaulting an elderly woman in April. A father claims he stopped Sturm from a potential sex assault three years ago, but was only charged with trespassing. Victims believe authorities should do more to prevent potential predators from acting out rather than reacting once it happens. Former deputy prosecutor Victor Bakke supports the prosecution, arguing that Sturm's past case, combined with the new conduct, could be grounds to keep him in the case.

ที่ตีพิมพ์ : 10 เดือนที่แล้ว โดย Eddie Dowd ใน General
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A man accused of trying to rape a woman on Diamond Head Beach last week was supposed to be undergoing mental health treatment.
That’s what a judge ordered after Kehonu Sturm, 25, was convicted of misdemeanor sexual assault just last month.
A father says he stopped the suspect from a potential sex assault three years ago.
The woman who says Sturm attacked her on Diamond Head Beach last week is also reacting to his history.
“So, what’s going to happen next? It’s an escalation. This is like a wild dog. The wild dog. The wild dog keeps biting people. When are we going to lock it up so it doesn’t stop biting people,” said CC Sheffield.
CC Sheffield is still recovering from the attack on Diamond Head Beach.
The suspect, Sturm, is charged with first-degree attempted sex assault and robbery.
The 25-year-old was also caught on camera in Pearl City in April after sexually assaulting an elderly woman who was out walking.
He was sentenced to probation and was ordered to get a mental examination and treatment.
We’ve also learned that Sturm tried to break into a home in Waialua three years ago.
“He came in the property into the property at two o’clock in the morning naked. What he tried to do is break in my little girl’s bedroom window,” said the father, who asked to remain anonymous.
He says he pinned Sturm before he reached his daughter and says Sturm was only charged with trespassing.
“He was too well prepared. I came to find out that’s what these predators do. They grease up their hands and their body to eliminate fingerprints. I wanted him to be charged with something of a sexual nature.”
Former deputy prosecutor Victor Bakke says authorities can only do so much.
“If they did not have enough evidence, then that’s why they didn’t charge him. He has a right to bail in this case; however, the prosecutors will argue his past case when combined with the new conduct for grounds to keep him in on this case,” said Bakke.
But Victims believe authorities should do more to prevent potential predators from acting out instead of reacting once it happens.
“They don’t have a crystal ball to say, well, jeez, this guy is doing this, so now we’re going to do something else. That would be completely improper,” added Bakke.
CC Sheffield says she will be testifying to a grand jury on Friday and said prosecutors told her Sturm could face 20 years for the felony.
หัวข้อ: Crime, Sexual Exploitation, Violence